Well, in their usual excellent fashion, TheWarStore.com got me the miniatures I ordered in short order. The acquisition of the miniatures that I need has been divided into three phases. Phase 1 is the British foot, Phase 2 is the British cavalry, and Phase 3 is the Brunswickers.
I've received the Phase 1 miniatures Saturday afternoon--only about a week for the time that I ordered them! Needless to say, I was excited to see them sitting on my porch when I returned home from getting some lunch. A quick check of the weather report showed that I had until about 3pm on Sunday before the rain was due. Since I like to primer with Floquil applied with a soft brush, time was critical if I wanted to paint this week.
The photos were taken at about 2am Sunday when I finally got all the figures cleaned and glued (with rubber cement) to the bottle caps. Sunday morning I got up early and got the two Highland battalions (48 figures), the figures needed to fill out the Guards battalion (17 figures), the artillerists (8 figures) and whatever Brunswickers I had laying around (12 figures) before the clouds thickened and rain was obviously imminent. That leaves 4 battalions (80 figures) left to prime when the weather clears later this week.
I've pulled the base colors from the paint box and probably begin this evening with doing the flesh tones. The next installment will be an account of how I painted the troops that are already done including a list of the paints used.