Wednesday, March 28, 2007

French and Allied reinforcements


As mentioned before, I am raising the French forces for our convention game. "Raising" in this context is a particularly apt description, since I'm buying them, not painting them myself with one minor exception.

My method was to purchase a bunch of lead and farm it out to several painting services. I did this for two reasons:

1. I did not think one service could handle it all in a timely manner; and

2. I wanted to try some different services, with an eye to sending more figures to those I liked.

Reason number one has succeeded marvelously. In the last two months I have received:

9 French, 8 German, and 2 Italian battalions

2 French, 2 German, and 1 Italian cavalry regiments

3 French and 3 German artillery batteries.

That's about 550 figures! Together with the small forces that arrived before Christmas, I have therefore accumulated the bulk of my army. Over the next few days I will post a few pictures and describe what remains to be done.

1 comment:

MurdocK said...

Wow, great efforts!

I have just now (June 3, 2007) come to the completion of my own three year oddyssy from Austerlitz to Friedland.

Gonna start the next stage from Eggmuhl to Wagram. Something that will take less time to game but still much time to cast, clean, & Paint!